Importing Schema Changes (merged threads)

09-28-2011 01:53 PM
AlvaroMoreno
New Contributor
Hi guys,
I am having the following problem with the tool Importing Schema Changes (or Compare Schema Changes i dont know ).
When I add a field to a feature class the tool works well and the Schema update works perfectly
But when I add a domain or a subtype Importing Schema Changes tool tells me
"No schema changes found for this replica pair"
Thanks
Gonzalo
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlvaroMoreno
New Contributor
Hi guys,
I am having the following problem with the tool Importing Schema Changes (or Compare Schema Changes i dont know ).
When I add a field to a feature class the tool works well and the Schema update works perfectly
But when I add a domain or a subtype Importing Schema Changes tool tells me
"No schema changes found for this replica pair"
Thanks
Gonzalo
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
Gonzalo -

By chance are you using one-way replication on an Oracle RDBMS?  If so, NIM070970 - "Changes in subtypes and domains are not synchronized between parent and child in a one-way replica through the compare replica schema" may be the culprit.

You can read a little bit about it at the following URL:  http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDcwOTcw

Good luck!

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver
0 Kudos
AlvaroMoreno
New Contributor
Hi Robert,
Yes my RDBMS is ORacle 11gR2 but the replica is two way.
It would seem that the bug also occurs with two-way replicas
have an estimate of when there will be a fix?

Thanks
Gonzalo
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
Gonzalo - with regard to NIM070970, it's been assigned to a Development staff member but nothing listed as far as resolution date.  Since you're experiencing this same issue with two replication, I would recommend contacting Esri Support Services (Geodata) to test the scenario and possibly create a new NIM for this behavior.

-Robert
0 Kudos
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi Gonzalo,

The tools are used in a two-step process that involves first running the Compare Replica Schema tool to generate an XML file containing the schema changes, then importing these changes with the Import Replica Schema tool.

According to this web help, the domain changes should be able to be carried over between the replicated geodatabases.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Working_with_schema_changes/0027000000...

Please provide a more detailed workflow if you are still encountering the same issue.

Ben L.
0 Kudos
AlvaroMoreno
New Contributor
Hi Ben,
Mistakenly posted in this forum rather than in that of geoprocessing.
I went back to post on the forum geoprocessing.
Here's the link http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/40589-Importing-Schema-Changes

thanks
Gonzalo
0 Kudos
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi Gonzalo,

I would second to Robert's comment, please contact with Esri Support Services (Geodata) to test the scenario. We might need to reproduce the issue in-house to find out the actual causes of this issue.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
RL
by
New Contributor II
I am in ArcSDE 10.2, and have an attribute domain subtype change in parent geodatabase, and wanted to pass that change to the child geodatabase.  I first used the compare schema change tool created a xml file, and then tried to import that file to the child gdb, but got the similar message "No schema changes found for this replica pair."

I found the bug report NIM070970 and this post here.  I just reported this to the ESRI support.  However I need a solution now, and wondering if anybody have figured out a work around for this?

I am using Oracle 11.2.0.2.0, OS is RHEL6.1, SDE is 10.2. It is a one-way replication with simple features only.

Thanks a lot.
Rong
0 Kudos
baohuachu3
New Contributor III

Here my steps for import schema changes:

GDB A schema changes, we want B will change either.

1. In GDB A, to export schema xml file.
  2. In GDB B, load  one layer of the schema, compare schema , whose input is in the step 1 generated xml file and  to generate schema differences xml file.
  3. In GDB B, import schma changes , whose input is the step 2 's generated xml file.
0 Kudos