Import Metadata tool Not working

08-13-2013 03:32 AM
DXXX
by
New Contributor III
I have about 250 Feature class files that need Metadata added to them. I thought that you could create the metadata for 1 and then import that into the rest of them by using the Import button in the metadata description in Arc Catalog. I have tried this and it does nothing. I have also tried exporting an .XML file and using the import from .XML but nothing happens again. Is this a bug in 10.1. If so ESRi can you please putting stuff on the internet of how easy handleing metadata is with Arc 10.

Has anyone got any ideas before I embark on a very boring week of copying and pasting metadata.

Thanks.
3 Replies
KendraRodgers1
New Contributor
I was having the same problem earlier today.  I don't know why, but I cannot use the Import Metadat tool but if I use Metadata Importer it processes just fine.  Conversion Tools/Metadata/Metadata Importer.

Good Luck.
0 Kudos
TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor
We're having the same problem, but your workaround works, KendraRae 🙂

Is this a known bug?
0 Kudos
KendraRodgers1
New Contributor
I'm not sure if it is a known bug or not.  I just stumbled upon the work around during a very frustrating afternoon trying to deliver a product.  Other coworkers at my office have used both tools with no problems, so I'm trempted to think that there is an underlying issue with my data or the steps that I was trying to use the tool.
0 Kudos