How to convert polygons in single shapefile into rasters with model builder

Jump to solution
04-30-2015 02:23 AM
VannarethHuoy1
New Contributor II

I'm having a problem of overlaid polygons in a single shapefile. I want to convert all polygon to raster then sum the value of any polygon which area overlaid. if I convert this shape file into raster, it chose only the first polygon which is overlaid another to represent to value of cells. I'm thinking if I want to sum value of overlaid polygons together, I should separate each polygon to different shapefile then convert it to raster and use raster calculator to sum all rasters but there's about 15000 polygons within single shapefile, so I cannot manually select and convert it to raster one by one. I'm thinking about iterator in model builder but i 'm very new with model builder. So if anyone can help to solve the problem i explaint above? Your help is very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

Your model will be like this

In the output of polygon to raster use- in_memory\%Value% . This will save the outputs in the memory and use them in the collect values.

Let me know if you need more details about the model

sum_polygons.png

Hope this helps

Kishor

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KishorGhatage
Occasional Contributor III

Your model will be like this

In the output of polygon to raster use- in_memory\%Value% . This will save the outputs in the memory and use them in the collect values.

Let me know if you need more details about the model

sum_polygons.png

Hope this helps

Kishor

VannarethHuoy1
New Contributor II

Thanks. I worked well.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vannareth,

You could mark Kishor Ghatage​'s answer as correct, if your query is resolved.

Think Location
0 Kudos
VannarethHuoy1
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta,

Do you mean by marking the comment Helpful? If so, I just did it. If not, how can I mark this answer as correct.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Mark a reply as the Correct Answer

Check this thread

Think Location
0 Kudos