Select to view content in your preferred language

Hi there, can anyone please suggest me some ideas on the project that i am doing!

09-29-2014 10:52 PM
JKBellamkonda
New Contributor III

So my project is about finding ''Road accident Hot Spots in the city and how safe are School zones. I have road accident points from 2000 to 2012 with the following fields.

crash road, crash id, crash dist, crash date, crash time, crash day of the week, speed limit, light, road wetness and case of the crash which is in coded with alphabets and numeric.

I have decided to do hotspot analysis using Optimized Hotspot analysis Tool for individual year for recent 5 years, and then for school opening and closing times. Since I am cutting down the data to certain time frame I have few incidents to work with and the hotspots end up in city centre which is not unusual. is there any way I can relate school zones to accidents? not visually though.

Thanks                    

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JKBellamkonda
New Contributor III

Thanks James that was helpful. The impact of the ‘school run’ on road traffic accidents: A spatio-temporal analysis was in Christchurch in 2004 and i am looking at Hamilton city. I am looking at all types of crash to see if school zones fall in any hot spot locations. I did find some incidents around schools during school timings within 150 m, but need to look at the attributes to find out what sort of crash are they.

0 Kudos