Having trouble using Cacheworx V2 Toolbox.

07-08-2016 04:14 PM
KennethLathan
New Contributor II

I can't seem to run any of the tools from the Cacheworx ( http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=1f66b212056744b384a8ad0ccb8e00ac ) toolbox on Arcmap 10.3.1. It seems like the toolbox is running an exe called cache_worx.exe underneath each tool which is failing with no good errors in the geoprocessor. I looked at the Windows Event log and found two events related to the failure.

1. Faulting application name cache_worx.exe etc etc Faulting module name: gdal110.dll etc etc Exception Code: 0xc000001d

2. Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on the computer, or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program cache_worx.exe because of this error. etc etc etc

I tried moving the toolbox to my local drive, as well as moving my test cache to the local drive. I also reinstalled the C++ redistributables. No dice. I wonder if it's gdal related? I don't have any other gdal libraries installed.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

yes, if it is referring to gdal.dll, then you may need it installed and it also appears that you need to register and run it from catalog, although this step isn't quite clear.  search your pythonx.x folder assuming it is one that was installed by Arc* and search for gdal.dll.  if it is there, is there a chance you are using a non-arc python installation.

0 Kudos
KennethLathan
New Contributor II

I'd got the gdal in the folder. Could another GIS app installation be interfering?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I seem to recall that you had to modify a config file to update paths for your machine.  i am not aa machine that I can check this, but if you haven't done any path editing yet, might be worth a look.

0 Kudos
KennethLathan
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tip Rebecca. Tried adding stuff to the path, it didn't seem to help.

0 Kudos
LucianPlesea
New Contributor II

What happens if you run cache_worx.exe from the command line?  What is the exact error message?

cache_worx.exe is located in the python subfolder that came with the toolbox.  The gdal110.dll the tools are looking for, as well as other required dlls should already be in the same folder.

0 Kudos
KennethLathan
New Contributor II

Hello Lucian!

When I run it from the command line, I get a windows dialog with the cache_worx.exe has stopped working, followed by a window with the 0xc000001d exception code.

There is definitely something weird going on. My coworker is able to run the tool on his machine, with almost the same setup. I tried repairing my C++ runtime libraries, but am still having the same error. I wonder if my windows installation is corrupted? 😕

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LucianPlesea
New Contributor II

Maybe you have another gdal110.dll in your system?  Possibly a 32 bit version?

0 Kudos