Get unique values in Select by Attributes different than data

Jump to solution
03-03-2015 01:01 PM
KristineMuma
New Contributor II

I have an oracle dataset with a Double column set to scale of 8 (don't know why it is set that way). Values that I can see in the data are 0.1, 0.35, 0.4, 0.65.  When I do a select by attribute and use the "get unique values" button, there is no 0.1. Instead I see in the list 0.10000000000000001. Which is more than a scale of 8.  If I choose this as the value to select by there is nothing in the selection. If I manually type in 0.1 instead of using the Get Unique Values button then the selection works, and selects the elements I expect it to select.

What is going on here!  I need to figure this out and fix it. My first thought is to set up a domain to constrain entry (don't know why there wasn't one already) . So far everything I have tried hasn't changed anything. This weird number persists in the Select by Attributes dialog when using the get Unique Values button.  I have never seen this before.

Anyone seen this and know how to get rid of this odd value and replace it with the correct one?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kristine,

This seems to be an issue with the Double and Float datatypes. Check the thread below:

Select by Attribute on Float values not returning any record

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kristine,

This seems to be an issue with the Double and Float datatypes. Check the thread below:

Select by Attribute on Float values not returning any record

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos