GeoTagged Photos To Points

08-04-2011 01:44 PM
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello,
Has anyone used the new GeoTagged Photos To Points tool to convert their geotagged photos to a point feature class? I'm curious if people are able to do this effectively with the new tool and what kind of devices are being used to capture the geotagged photos.

Thanks
Drew-Esri
0 Kudos
22 Replies
NanJordan1
New Contributor

The photos are in a folder.  The point file is saved to a file geodatabase, and is updated.  I assume I am running a standard license through a group license owned by our company (we have multiple licenses of ArcMap, ArcEditor and ArcInfo) that we share  and access through ArcGIS Administrator.

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

This sounds like a bug. Will you please report it to tech support? Thank you.

0 Kudos
SusanWinchell-Sweeney
New Contributor III

Hi Drew,

I am also experiencing the same problem as Daniel above:

"I am encountering the same issue: When I add a photo with an embedded geolocation, the ArcMap 10.1 "Geotagged photos to Points" script does not create a point for the photo.  The geoprocessing results window states that the tool has run and a feature class has been created.  However, when I click on a row in the attribute table (where the photo name does appear), it zooms to an incorrect region of the world.  In addition, no visible point has been created.

I have replicated this problem with several different photographs, which were all processed using a standard graphics program.  I thought that perhaps the graphics program had stripped the geolocation from the photo, but looking at the EXIF data, the spatial location is still there."

Is this also a possibly bug?

thank you,

Susan

0 Kudos