Geometric Network Connectivity Issues

10-03-2011 07:35 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III
Greetings-

I've been working with ArcMap v10 ArcEditor for the past few months and starting to get some really messed up errors/issues dealing with my geometric network inside my electric distribution file geodatabase. All of a sudden problems start happening. When I go through to "Set Flow Direction" it goes from Determinate Flow to Uninitialized Flow on a complex line. When I use the Rebuilt Connectivity tool, I still have the same problem. What I have come to release is in order for it to work, I need to have a minimum of 15 units/feet between vertices on a line (Complex Line) for the connectivity to work. Example: I have a PRIMARY_CONDUCTOR line with one of the vertices snapped to another line and the other endpoint is snapped to the FUSE_BANK point. In order for the connectivity, that line that snaps to the FUSE_BANK point must be more than 15 units/feet. This just now started to happen. I used the "Rebuilt Geometric Network" tool in Arc Catalog, and that does not work.

Has anyone else been having problems with a geometric network and the tools in ArcMap v10 on working with the flow and rebuilding connectivity? This is really starting to cause big problems for me.

Thank you
0 Kudos
0 Replies