Select to view content in your preferred language

Generate Attachment Match Table with Prefix

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
KelseyMeyer
New Contributor II

I'm looking to batch upload hundreds of pdfs to a feature class based on a common ID field. Each point within the feature class has a unique ID and each point will end up with multiple pdf attachments. The PDFs naming convention is uniqueID_YYYYMMDD, for example 123_20240610.pdf. I've tried using prefix as the Match Pattern option however it ends up joining the pdfs to UID1, UID12 and UID123. Is there anyway to get around this?  Any feedback is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KelseyMeyer
New Contributor II

Wanted to post an update, I was able to create a custom table (without using the Generate match table tool) in excel and used that as an input for adding attachments to my feature class.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Hi @KelseyMeyer,

Have you tried creating a separate field to calculate the ids found in the pdfs and use that field to specify the attachments? That may help with identifying the unique ids between the two and attaching each pdf.

0 Kudos
KelseyMeyer
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response! Do you mean within the original feature class? The relationship will be 1 to many.

I was wondering if I could create my own custom Match Table with the unique IDs and path name but I believe as part of the generate match table it attaches the pdfs in the process.

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Regular Contributor

Either the original or the pdfs. If you create a table using the IDs from the pdfs and then identify which ones the feature class are identical then it will help attaching the pdfs easier. If there are any ids that standout, then you know which ones might require some modification for the attachments to work properly.

0 Kudos
KelseyMeyer
New Contributor II

Wanted to post an update, I was able to create a custom table (without using the Generate match table tool) in excel and used that as an input for adding attachments to my feature class.

0 Kudos