flow direction tool

Jump to solution
05-23-2021 03:31 AM
MohamadJouni
New Contributor III

Hello when I analyze flow direction(hydrology tools)  for a  large data I get failed in processing and it's work when I clip it(dem map)

my question is: why  the person how  explaining in  video did not happen with him this kind of error(and we use the same dem data) ?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go to Environment Settings (in tool's dialog box) > Parallel Processing. Define the parallel processing factor as 0 (zero). Run the tool. 

If the issue persists, check the following.

What version of ArcMap are you using, and what level (Basic/Standard/Advanced)?

What is your input DEM data format? What is its size? Is the input Raster stored in a local drive (preferable) or on a network?

Could you try saving the output (as a *.tif file) in a simple workspace path, e.g. C:\Project\Data\FlowDir.tif ?

Ensure Background Processing is turned off (Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options).

JayantaPoddar_1-1621771156342.png

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go to Environment Settings (in tool's dialog box) > Parallel Processing. Define the parallel processing factor as 0 (zero). Run the tool. 

If the issue persists, check the following.

What version of ArcMap are you using, and what level (Basic/Standard/Advanced)?

What is your input DEM data format? What is its size? Is the input Raster stored in a local drive (preferable) or on a network?

Could you try saving the output (as a *.tif file) in a simple workspace path, e.g. C:\Project\Data\FlowDir.tif ?

Ensure Background Processing is turned off (Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options).

JayantaPoddar_1-1621771156342.png

Think Location
MohamadJouni
New Contributor III

brilliant, it's work thank you

0 Kudos