Field calculator error 00732 in processing

Jump to solution
11-24-2016 10:00 AM
KaylaniMendez
New Contributor III

I'm trying to add a field in my attribute table to calculate square meters of some polygons using Area/1000000 but when I use the field calculator it says error in processing, check Geoprocessing Results window. So when I check this is the message: 

What can I do to fix this? The fields are compatible, they're both type "Double" an decimal places the same. I checked the source of the dataset and it's the same as the rest. What could be the issue here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

I don't know why this would be the issue, but it looks like there is a space following the layer name. If there is one, try removing it. Also, have you tried restarting ArcMap since the problem started?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

I don't know why this would be the issue, but it looks like there is a space following the layer name. If there is one, try removing it. Also, have you tried restarting ArcMap since the problem started?

KaylaniMendez
New Contributor III

Ohhh my GOD. That was so stupid haha. THANK YOU!!!!!! The space after the layer name was the problem, I didn't even think of that.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This kind of thing is really frustrating. Darren gets a cookie. I wish the Esri developers could add some of these basic checks to parameter validation - some of these basic checks couldn't cost that much and they would save users a lot of frustration!

0 Kudos