Feature to Raster is not rasterizing all of the polygons.

Jump to solution
12-10-2018 02:59 PM
NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I am using Feature to Raster to rasterize the polygons in a shapefile shown in this picture:

The problem with this is that the tool is only rasterizing some of the polygons. I want it to rasterize all of them. Is there a solution?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nathan,

Can you adjust your cell size in order to rasterize more of your polygons? Or maybe widen your extent as well? Can you tell which polygons are not being affected?

Also, you may want to perform a Repair Geometry on the polygons, then try the tool again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nathan,

Can you adjust your cell size in order to rasterize more of your polygons? Or maybe widen your extent as well? Can you tell which polygons are not being affected?

Also, you may want to perform a Repair Geometry on the polygons, then try the tool again.

NathanFleischman
New Contributor III

I am testing your idea of adjusting the cell size. So far it is working. I am testing multiple cell sizes at the moment.

0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

You can also try using the Polygon to Raster tool instead of the Feature To Raster tool and set the "Cell assignment type" parameter as "Maximum area" and specify a "Priority field". 

See my answer to a similar question:

Feature to Raster Conversion: Missing Pixels Near Border - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exch...