Feature Dataset as Environment Workspace?

Jump to solution
03-10-2013 05:29 PM
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Hi folks,

In ModelBuilder, I'm trying to set a Feature Dataset as my Workspace as a model input parameter, however it appears this is not supported and from what I can see only root geodatabase directories are supported. Is this correct?

Thanks,
DK
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What is your data type for the Workspace parameter in ModelBuilder?  Did you set it to Workspace?  You can set it to Feature Dataset from there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WaelYahya
New Contributor
Please send me the steps to wael.yahya@gistec.com
0 Kudos
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor
Please send me the steps to wael.yahya@gistec.com

There aren't any steps. I have built a model in ModelBuilder with Workspace as a parameter. This Workspace is user-defined when I run the tool.

It simply will not allow me to enter a Feature Dataset as my workspace and I was wondering if this is correct?

Thanks,
DK
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
What is your data type for the Workspace parameter in ModelBuilder?  Did you set it to Workspace?  You can set it to Feature Dataset from there.
0 Kudos
DarrochKaye
Occasional Contributor

I didn't know you could/had to set data types. Thanks!

DK
0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
I put in a usability bug because it seems that a feature dataset is a workspace (and you can set it in the GP Environments and through arcpy.env.workspace). Here is the number- NIM089681: Cannot set workspace to a feature dataset when workspace is a model parameter
0 Kudos