Error executing tool.: ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service.

06-11-2014 09:40 AM
AndyLarkin1
New Contributor
Hello, i create test tools in model builder. When i publish this, out error
SEVERE Error executing tool.: ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition). System/PublishingTools.GPServer        
SEVERE 1Failed to create the service.: ERROR: Service failed to start, Cannot connect to this server. System/PublishingTools.GPServer        
SEVERE  Core server call to create service failed. System/PublishingTools.GPServer 

Why?
Thanx.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34504[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Juan_FelipeMonsalve
New Contributor

Hi, have you found the answer to this problem? I would be very helpful.

thanks

0 Kudos
GeorgeKuznetsov
New Contributor

I ran into this issue when trying to publish a cached map service. I checked my server logs, and the first error message says "Failed setting up the cache folder for the service." I find that if I go into the Cache Folder in Windows explorer where Server is installed (‪C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache) and create the folder manually using the exact name that the published server will be, the issue resolved itself. After I created the folder name for the cache in the arcgiscache folder, the issue was fixed.

Perhaps if you created the folder in windows explorer in the arcgisjobs folder it might work as it did for me in the arcgiscache folder.

Juan_FelipeMonsalve
New Contributor

Hi Brian McLeer,

Thank you very much for sharing me your solution. The problem I had was instability of ArcGIS for Server 10.1 SP1 on a virtual machine in Hyper v with OS Window 2008 R2. After many test and corrections, the solution was to install on virtual machine with OS Windos 2012 Standard.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We were unable to publish to ArcServer.  This started and was accumulative one person could not publish and someone was able to publish for them.  Then no one was able to publish.  All getting the error "Packaging succeded, but publishing failed  ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service.' .  The solution was to reboot the server, which was suggest by our IT people.  I did read something about SOC files growing in size like bad MXDs at some point in this investigation, so I assume something like that is was the case.  We have been rebooting the server regularly for windows updates, but had not for a quarter and believe that maybe why we have not seen it before.   

0 Kudos