Error 000732

11-05-2013 09:19 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lholimon

I have been recieving the Error message 000732 Target Dataset does not exist or is not supported in quite a few geoprocessing tools (Export feature class, Import feature class, Metadata Importer). The file geodatabase is not versioned and does not have any subtypes. It is happening in multiple geodatabases.

The two work arounds in this thread (http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/9996-export-metadata-error-000732) didn't work for me.

Has anyone run into this and solved it?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulDioguardo
New Contributor II
I ran into the same error message. I resolved the problem by re-reading the help article below. The database connection I was using had to be stored in a drive / folder location accessible to the SOC user on your machine. In my case I placed the sde connection file storing the database connection parameters in a folder where the SOC users had permissions and used UNC naming in the path.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Preparing_res...

In your case the file geodatabase might need to be supplied with UNC path notation and in a folder where the ArcGISSOC user has read permissions.

Hope that helps,

Paul
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lholimon

This is a  stand-alone file geodatabase, it is not located in an SDE. 
Error is happening against FC on both local machine and remote desktop, for multiple users.

Thanks for the quick response.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Paths to files can be tricky sometimes.

Can you provide your script so I can take at look at how you are referencing the path to your data sources (e.g. file geodatabase(s))?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: nidhinkn

Lara,

If there is space between the words in Feature class, replace the space using unserscore ( _ ). Make sure the direction of slash is correct and avoid using full stop punctuation and comma in Feature class name. Create a folder on the root of the drive, copy the data and run the tool.
0 Kudos
PabloVega
New Contributor

Hi!

I just fixed this issue, and it was something silly and frustrating at the same time.

You zipped and unzipped the gdb, right? after that process, did you happen to have your gdb insidea  folder which name ended in .gdb? Having a .gdb inside a .gdb confuses ArcGIS.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos