Data-Driven Pages Export to PDF with Custom Zoom

Jump to solution
09-30-2014 07:18 AM
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

In an MXD with data-driven pages enabled, I often zoom to a custom extent on a given page.  As long as I don't refresh the DD pages, the custom extents are maintained.  I used to export to PDF after setting all of those extents, but in ArcGIS Advanced version 10.2.2.3552, it saves the default data-driven extents instead.  This occurs whether I export all pages or just the current page.  Export to JPG works as expected, so my workaround has been to export each page individually to a JPG, then combine files in Adobe.  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Ok, understood that part. Did you go through the link? There it is mentioned that it could be done till 9.3.1. Also they looking into integrating the same in latest versions. Here is another link if you are interested in Python.

ttps://geonet.esri.com/message/295210#295210

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mynsberge,

If I understand you correctly you want the custom extent in PDF export. I tried to test it but when you enable DDP on a feature layer extents are taken from data driven page.(In data frame properties)

DDP_Cust_Ext.JPG

So while exporting map there is nothing we can do to change the extent I believe.

https://community.esri.com/message/265362#265362

Testing Environment

Windows 7 Enterprise

ArcMap 10.2.2.3552

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

I should have specified that I'm changing scale/extent by using the Zoom In or Zoom Out tool on individual pages in Data View rather than in the Data Frame Properties.  If you do this, you should be able to recreate the differences between a JPG export (which will preserve the new scale/extent for a given page) and the PDF export (which will return to the default data-driven page scale/extent).

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Ok, understood that part. Did you go through the link? There it is mentioned that it could be done till 9.3.1. Also they looking into integrating the same in latest versions. Here is another link if you are interested in Python.

ttps://geonet.esri.com/message/295210#295210

0 Kudos
AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

You are correct.  I had been using Python when I last tried to do this, but had not wanted to use Python this time because of the time to look up and specify PDF colorspace and other customizations in Python.