Creating a new script tool with outside python packages

05-13-2022 03:40 AM
MatthewLehane
New Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to create a script tool to add to a toolbox with python packages not in the ArcPro interpreter? Such as geopandas?

Or Is it possible to link to an outside ArcPro python environment? I am using Arcpy, but also a few other packages that are not found within the ArcPro environment. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Create a clone of the default arcgispro-py3 environment, install the packages you want and then activate it

Work with Python environments - ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
MatthewLehane
New Contributor

And is it possible to use a custom toolbox on an ArcGIS Online web map? That would bring up a similar question on script functionality. 

0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

@MatthewLehane wrote:

And is it possible to use a custom toolbox on an ArcGIS Online web map?

What are you actually trying to do?

0 Kudos
MatthewLehane
New Contributor

I am trying to use a toolbox for an ArcOnline web map with some features not available in arcpy. 

I have multiple projects, but one is to use the Census Data API in a toolbox and add that as a custom toolbox for downloading data. I guess if I am able to locally host a web map that could solve the issue? (if that is even possible). 

0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

You can interact with AGOL maps using the ArcGIS API for Python. The arcgis package is pre-installed in Pro's default arcgispro-py3 environment.

0 Kudos