Create Thiessen Polygon

12-27-2011 01:52 AM
FarshadShafiei
New Contributor
Hi
I want to create Thiessen polygon within a watershed by using point data. I am using Arcgis 9.3 with all component licences. The problem is that, there is no '' Create Thiessen polygone'' tool in proximity function.
In proximity I just have Buffer and Multiple ring buffer. Do you know what's wrong with it? I am lost in the the middle of an assignment.
abi10fsh@student.lu.se
Best regards,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
markdenil
Occasional Contributor III
CreateThiessenPolygons_analysis (in_features, out_feature_class, {fields_to_copy})
requires an ArcInfo level licence.
(this is on Arc10; I have not checked 9.3, but I imagine it stll needed a full (advanced, in the new parlance?) licence)
0 Kudos
FarshadShafiei
New Contributor
CreateThiessenPolygons_analysis (in_features, out_feature_class, {fields_to_copy})
requires an ArcInfo level licence.
(this is on Arc10; I have not checked 9.3, but I imagine it stll needed a full (advanced, in the new parlance?) licence)

I have the full version in which Arcinfo is included, in this case what would be the problem? How can I have the tool Create Thiessen Polygon?
0 Kudos
markdenil
Occasional Contributor III
It doesn't sound like it to me...
You seem to be missing all the ArcInfo-level tools from the Proximity box:
- generate Near table
- near
- point distance
in addition to Create Thiessen Polygon

Check 'About Arc Map' from the Help menu. The third line should read "Licence Type: ArcInfo"
You can also check the Desktop Administrator to see that you have actually checked out an ArcInfo (and not an ArcView or ArcEditor) licence.

...maybe a more restricted licence level was selected at installation?
0 Kudos