Create Space Time Cube tool not working

08-14-2018 10:34 AM
NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

When I click on the "Create Space Time Cube" tool, it doesn't open it. Although other tools like "Optimized Hot Spot Analysis" works fine. What might be the problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you don't specify which software..

All are fine in Pro

NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

I use ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1. I double checked and still doesn't work!

Although, the extensions are installed.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

installed is one thing... did you go to Customize, Extensions and if it is a separate extension, then it needs to be toggled on

0 Kudos
NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

Yes, that's checked as well . I think it is a software issue!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well fire up Pro.. it works there and you should have access to it.

So few people are working in that area that I can't think of anyone at esri to flag at present who might be still working with ArcMap.... sorry

0 Kudos
NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

So I got the ArcGIS Pro, and it opens the tool. However, when I try to run it, I get this error: Error 001022: This tool requires a projected coordinate system.

I have defined both "Current XY" and "Current Z" coordinate of the map_GCS North American 1983 and NAD 1983 respectively_ so I have no idea why I get this error again and again. Do you have any idea?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if you used the "Define Projection" tool, that is incorrect, you have to use the "Project" tool

0 Kudos
NasserSharareh1
New Contributor III

At first, I right clicked the map and in the properties and coordinate system tab, I chose those coordinate systems. 

But now, I used the "Project" Tool and chose the "Current Map" for the output coordinate system. But, doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the question remains, is the file in a projected coordinate system?  Check the file's properties and examine the 'extent' if the extent looks like it has big numbers and not those like one would expect with decimal degree data, then it is probably projected.  If the data are in the range of -180 to 180 and -90 and 90, then it is not projected.

If you can rule that out, then the problem lies elsewhere, and since nothing seems to have been of use so far, you might want to await other suggestions

0 Kudos