Create map tile package extent not working

02-17-2020 01:03 PM
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 to  try to run Create Map Tile Package (tpkx format) on a map containing 2 MrSID DOPs.  When I run it, no matter what I choose for the Extent, it runs for at least the full extent of the MrSIDs.   I tried doing it for the default extent, the current extent, and using a shapefile, and none of them do anything.     Am I doing something wrong?  The map is in WMAS and the data are in NAD 1983 HARN Wisconsin TM, with the transformation set.

5 Replies
EricPfirman
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem. Did you ever solve it?

0 Kudos
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

I am sorry, I need to set the new geonet to send me email alerts when I get a notification!   Anyway, Esri created a bug on this, https://my.esri.com/#/support/bugs/BUG-000132005 and according to that page, it is fixed in 2.7, however I don't have that version to test it yet.   Also in the bug title, they didn't fully address my problem, because my problem wasn't using "current display extent", my problem was using ANY extent, including an Area of interest poly.. so hopefully they addressed that too!

0 Kudos
AlderMaps
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue as well. Using Create Map Tile Package GP tool on a service of NAIP imagery, at the extent of a single county. No matter what I set the "Extent" parameter to--the geometry of the county, intersection of inputs, display extent when zoomed to the county--it tries to package up the whole USA.

I'm in Pro 2.6.1 and all inputs and the map are in Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere.

I'm thinking this is user error on my part but I haven't been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

0 Kudos
EricPfirman
New Contributor III
I wish I could remember what led me to this solution, but I checked my geoprocessing history and found that I successfully created a tile package of a little village using these parameters:

Minimum Level of Detail = 10

Maximum Level of Detail = 19

0 Kudos
AlderMaps
Occasional Contributor

Found out this was a bug that's been fixed as of Pro 2.7:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.7/get-started/release-notes.htm

(BUG-000132005)

I've re-tested the tool in 2.7 and "Current extent" and extent of a layer both work; however "Intersection of inputs" as extent still doesn't work; this acts like "Union of inputs". "Current extent" and/or extent of layer solve the problem, though.

0 Kudos