Select to view content in your preferred language

Clip tool will not clip raster layer

Jump to solution
08-27-2021 06:42 PM
Hope-Hauptman
Regular Contributor

I am trying to clip a raster layer with a polygon layer using the "clip raster" tool. I've clipped other raster layers with the same polygon layer (study area) but this raster layer will not clip? I am attaching the SSURGO raster to be clipped and the clip area (StudyArea) here.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hope-Hauptman
Regular Contributor

I was still not able to do this after changing the coordinate system of the polygon layer and clipping the tiff instead of the GDB version of the raster so I hesitate to accept a solution? 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here's another thing to try: the raster is really really big, so something to try is to clip out just the area of the soil map you are interested in with right click the raster layer > Export. The clip tool may be more friendly with a smaller raster.

Beyond that if you have no local resources to help you, you pay for your Esri software license for a reason - contact support.esri.com and see if they can help you.

Hope-Hauptman
Regular Contributor

Thank you - that worked! And I had no idea that support.esri.com existed so thank you twice! Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos