Clip feature layer by another feature layer features

Jump to solution
05-13-2019 01:31 PM
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to clip the soils layer by sections. I've tried creating a model but i am not getting the results i am looking for.

The soils is the layer i need to clip by the sections layer but i need the soils to be clipped by each sections in it's owner feature class. When clipping i would like to retain the section name for each clip if possible,  any one have an example of a model, python script or any ideas? See attached the first pic(SectionsSoil) has the soils layer with the sections layer overlaid on top I need to be able to clip each section of soils into it's own section, pic 2 (SectionSoil). Also attached is the pic of the model i tried.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It is the section grid you want to iterate over not the soils layer. On each iteration of your sections grid you want it to feed out a polygon (a square) and that is used to clip the soils layer. Then the output name using the inline substitution would make more sense.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It is the section grid you want to iterate over not the soils layer. On each iteration of your sections grid you want it to feed out a polygon (a square) and that is used to clip the soils layer. Then the output name using the inline substitution would make more sense.

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

I have set the section grid as the iterate but it appears i am getting an error. 

I recreated the model and got to work, i guess the first model got corrupted or something.

0 Kudos