Clip and shipping or zipping rasters

04-16-2014 09:12 AM
jasonlouis
New Contributor II
Hello all,

I am attempting to clip and ship or even just zip some rasters out of a map.  There are some strange outcomes, though.  The tasks are found in Server Tools --> Data Extraction toolbox.  I have had the same outcome with both of the following:

Extract Data and Email Task
Extract Data Task

I have a map with many rasters.  I run the tool and select, say, 2 rasters and then draw a polygon for the "area of interest."  Once all the fields are filled in, I run either task.  Here's where it gets strange.  I can draw that polygon around nothing, even faaaar off from the rasters, and whichever rasters are selected will be included in the package in their entirety.  I included a vector layer in the same .mxd to test, and the drawn polygon selects only part of the vector and any rasters selected, regardless of their proximity to the drawn polygon. 

I had looked around and not found anyone else having this problem, so I'm confused.  Am I doing something wrong or does this not work correctly?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulBeurskens
New Contributor III
Python has standard functions for these kinds of things.
Perhaps you could ask the question on that thread, I know the functions are there but am not yet capable of giving you the solution.

good luck
0 Kudos
jasonlouis
New Contributor II
So, why wouldn't these tasks work as advertised? Is that by design, or is there a problem?
0 Kudos