Can 9.3 python scripts using arcgisscripting run under 10.0?

08-23-2011 03:44 PM
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III
I've got around 50 python scripts that I run on a regular basis.  They are all 9.3 scripts using the arcgisscripting.  I found when I tried to run them on a 10.0 PC that they all fail on the gp.AddToolbox("C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/ArcToolbox/Toolboxes/Data Management Tools.tbx")
line.  Obviously, they fail because the toolboxes are installed in a different location at 10 in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\ArcToolbox  folder

If I change the gp.AddToolbox line to point to these will it work?  I called ESRI and the tech there said that 9.3 scripts should work at 10.0.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
The short answer is that yes, if you change tha path to the .tbx files, the scripts "should" work - provided nothing else prevents the script from working, which is quite likely.

Also, note that you don't have to load any of the system toolboxes (managment, analysis, etc.), just the custom ones. So you could really just delete that line altogether.
0 Kudos
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III
Chris,
  Thanks, I just commented out the AddToolbox lines in 2 of my scripts which has them working.  Any idea if a 9.3 python script running in a 10.0 PC can connect to 10.0 ArcSDE?
0 Kudos