Calculate Geometry Tool - Lost function

Jump to solution
10-02-2014 07:28 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I used to do geometry calculations using the Calculate Geometry Tool.  But, it losses the function suddenly today.  The popup image is below.  I re-started my CPU but the problem still exists.  What's the possible solution for it?  Thanks.

1.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

From the popup I think you still can perform calculate geometry. As popup mentions, you are having more than 500 records on which you will be running calculate geometry. So its just a warning message that you can not use ArcGIS's undo and redo functionality for the changes made by calculate geometry.

It also says if you are in editing session while doing calculate geometry, you can undo changes by not saving the edits.

So bottom line is, you can use your calculate geometry.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I created a new .mxd and then loaded FC.  Then I can do the Geometry Calculation as normal.  Unknown why got problem this morning.  Thanks for your reviewing.

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

By creating new .mxd, you saved the changes made in your map document so far, hence the next time when you ran calculate geometry, software presumed that you know the warning you have received previously.

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

From the popup I think you still can perform calculate geometry. As popup mentions, you are having more than 500 records on which you will be running calculate geometry. So its just a warning message that you can not use ArcGIS's undo and redo functionality for the changes made by calculate geometry.

It also says if you are in editing session while doing calculate geometry, you can undo changes by not saving the edits.

So bottom line is, you can use your calculate geometry.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Thanks - Your answer makes sense.

0 Kudos
HemantAngarkar2
Occasional Contributor

Glad to be helpful

0 Kudos