Assign point feature values to polygons

Jump to solution
05-14-2012 12:24 PM
SashikanthGurram1
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have a point feature shape file with some concentration values assigned to them. I want to assign the concentration to a 1 sq.km  area with the point feature as its center. Can anyone give me some pointers in this direction?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you done the Step 4: Clip? I wonder if you can set the XY tolerance in Clip so that the two closely located vertices snap together, if the default xy tolerance is not enough.

Otherwise:
- Run Integrate tool (Data Management toolbox - Feature Class toolset) with the XY tolerance large enough to get the two closely located vertices snap together.  The result shapes may not be perfect squares.  How critical is the shape to your analysis?
0 Kudos
SashikanthGurram1
New Contributor III
Have you done the Step 4: Clip? I wonder if you can set the XY tolerance in Clip so that the two closely located vertices snap together, if the default xy tolerance is not enough.

I have done the step 4 which yielded the polygons with a line at the vertices. So, I have increased the tolerance and now what I got is almost like a square around the points. Certainly, your suggestion has helped me.

Otherwise:
- Run Integrate tool (Data Management toolbox - Feature Class toolset) with the XY tolerance large enough to get the two closely located vertices snap together.  The result shapes may not be perfect squares.  How critical is the shape to your analysis?

I haven't done this step as increasing the tolerance while clipping solved the issue. I have calculated the area for each grid around the points and it is almost equal to what my expectation is. I believe there are some discrepancies with regard to the point layout which led to this. However, these discrepancies appear to be minor.

Thanks for all the help.
0 Kudos