ArcMap 10 SP2: Model Builder Iterate by Field Value Problem

06-24-2011 08:09 AM
FredIrani
New Contributor
I am using "Iterate Field Values" to select one county polygon at a time from a state county boundary shape file.  For each county polygon I want to Clip or Extract by Mask each county from a state-wide raster and feed each separately in turn to the SLICE function. 

The model runs well for all but the last raster which is always an invalid raster when the model is run as a sub-model.  It works fine if you edit the model and click on Run Entire Model, but if you double-click the saved model or run it as a sub model the last raster it creates in the catalog is always an invalid raster.  There is no error message produced.  You don'e find the error until you try to use the last file as input to another module.  I have changed the number of counties to process and always the last raster is no good.  It is either not being closed properly or ?  Does anyone have a way to get past this?
Note: I am doing all this becasue the SPLIT function no longer works under SP2 for ArcMap10.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ThiagoNascimento
New Contributor
I am having the same problem using the "Iterate Field Values" tool.

See Picture of the model.

The Feature Class created from the last iteration seems to be ok (no errors at the execution log). But it doesnt show up at the folder.

Windows 7 Professional; ArcGIS 10 SP2
0 Kudos
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello firani41,
Hello thiago_nascimentodf,

Can you share your model with a subset of your data? It will help see the problem and suggest an appropriate solution.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JasonKleps
New Contributor
I have the same problem - my model iterates over unique IDs and exports all the features that correspond to each one, but it leaves off the very last unique ID, even though no error occurs in the Results.
0 Kudos
JasonKleps
New Contributor
I have the same problem - my model iterates over unique IDs and exports all the features that correspond to each one, but it leaves off the very last unique ID, even though no error occurs in the Results.

Disregard - the output shapefile was set as "Intermediate Data", so the last value in the iteration was deleted .... BTW, I don't think that the intermediate data designation should automatically be set when you add features to ArcMap ...
0 Kudos