Adding Model Builder Tool to Customized Toolbar

08-02-2012 07:15 AM
AshleighTurner1
New Contributor
I have just completed building a model in Model Builder in ArcGIS 10. I was wondering if there was a way to bring this new tool into ArcMap and display an icon for it on my newly created customized toolbar so it may be easy to find and click?

Thank you very much in advance!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am not sure about adding the toolbox to any toolbar.  However, you can add your tool into the ArcToolbox.  If you open up the ArcToolbox window, you can right click on ArcToolbox and select "Add Toolbox".  Then just navigate to where you saved the toolbox and model and it will be added in with all the other tools.  Once it is in the ArcToolbox, it can be accessed just like any other tool. Hope this helps.

Caleb
0 Kudos
ScottGunn
New Contributor III
I have just completed building a model in Model Builder in ArcGIS 10. I was wondering if there was a way to bring this new tool into ArcMap and display an icon for it on my newly created customized toolbar so it may be easy to find and click?

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi,

I was just playing around with this...Right click on empty toolbar area, go all the way down to customize.

On the commands tab, under categories select "Geoprocessing Tools."  There will be an option on the bottom now called Add Tools.  Browse to your toolbox containing the model.  Select the model...your model will now show up in "Commands" on the right window pane.  Just drag and drop this icon to a spot on an existing toolbar, or into a custom toolbar that you created on the Toolbar tab.

Hope that helps...
GideonDalrymple
New Contributor III

Hey. Thanks for the info however I can't find that option in 10.6 . Can you check it ? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos