SDE Locking Issues???

09-04-2018 07:18 AM
DanielYaw_Jr__GISP
New Contributor III

We just set up a new SDE on SQL Server 2017 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 . We are having SDE lock issues.

Nearly every time we go to edit something on the SDE, we can not edit it because of a lock. Even after removing all locks from the database, it will still say it is locked. Sometimes going into the SDE and clearing out all the lock tables works, other times it does not. 

Is there anything that could be causing this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III

Does this problem affect all features classes or only some?  Also is the feature classes versioned?  Finally, have you set up any background processes at the database level using the SQL Server Agent or other 3rd party software?

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr__GISP
New Contributor III

It seems of affect all feature classes at some point. However, I have been able to pinpoint two things: 1) some were not registered as versioned 2) ArcGIS Server was placing schema locks on my data. 

I'm somewhat new to creating new SDE geodatabases from scratch - If I want to have multiple editors editing the same data, and just use the most recent edits (if there are conflicting edits), do I just use the default version for everything, or is there a proper way to set this up?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

At my org we have a child version off of default, then we provide editors with subchild versions off of this child version so our conflicts are checked against the child version before reconciling and posting to the default version.

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you share a screenshot of what message you encounter related to Locks

0 Kudos