relate two tables to display on the map

06-12-2018 11:15 AM
NathanKong
New Contributor

I have a question about how to relate two tables:

Right now, I have a database that contains the address point and all details about the city. This database can be displayed as many spots on ArcGIS Pro. Also, I have another excel sheet that contains the different address of the restaurant.

I have imported the excel sheet to my ArcGIS project as a table (called table 1) and used the standardized address to format the address so that these two table's data structure is the same. My question is that how do I relate these two tables by connecting (cross join) several fields such as "street name = street name and house number = house number", so that the data from the table 1 can only display on the map because it matches (or I can also say filter) with the database. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RexRobichaux2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Nathan, 

Based on this part " how do I relate these two tables by connecting (cross join) several fields such as "street name = street name and house number = house number"" - I'd say the easiest thing for you might be to concatenate / combine the multiple fields that you wish to cross-reference in each table into single columns, and then base your join or relate (depending upon cardinatlity) on the newly merged field in each. What is the expected cardinality? I'm guessing 1:M where one city can be related to many restaurants correct?

About joining and relating tables—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos