Problems using "Make Query Table" Tool.

Jump to solution
06-15-2018 04:39 AM
SamGregory1
New Contributor

I have recently been trying to join a database table (AfricaTable) to a feature class(Africa_Shape). Both are in the same personal gdb (as I am lead to believe this is the correct format, from the tutorial I have tried to follow). The database table has the following relevant fields: ObjectID, Country (Text), Date (Date), and a "Present" (Double). The feature class has the following relevant fields: ObjectID, GID (Text), Name_0 (Text). 

When I am using the tool, I add both the feature class and the table as the inputs. I am joining with an expression that the "AfricaTable.Country" = "Africa_Shape.NAME_0" (I have tried this with "..." '...' and nothing). When I verify the expression it verifies, but says no records are found. I have attached images showing both the table, feature class, and the tool parameters. 

Ideally I am wanting the Africa shapefile, in the format of the table. So hopefully I can put it into a time animation of whether conservation efforts have been present in certain countries throughout the years. 

Thanks in advance for your comments, questions and suggestions. 

Sam. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For personal geodatabases, you need to have square brackets around database object names, have you tried:

[AfricaTable].[Country] = [Africa_Shape].[NAME_0]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For personal geodatabases, you need to have square brackets around database object names, have you tried:

[AfricaTable].[Country] = [Africa_Shape].[NAME_0]
SamGregory1
New Contributor

Hi Joshua, thanks for your reply. I just tried your suggestion, it worked a treat. 

0 Kudos