Privileges for User Schema in Geodatabase

Jump to solution
07-22-2016 04:40 AM
ApurvDanke
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Really struggling for answers but help is appreciated. We have created a user schema called "LandEnv" in our Oracle Spatial geodatabase. As I am not the DBA, I requested my DBA to assign privileges to the "LandEnv" user in Oracle. Following privileges were provided which is as per the following URL -> Add users to Oracle—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

• CREATE SESSION
  • CREATE SEQUENCE
  • CREATE TABLE
  • CREATE TRIGGER
  • CREATE VIEW
  • SELECT ON DBA_ROLES

However when I connect to my geodatabase using "LandEnv" user in ArcCatalog and try to copy or create a feature class, I get the following error. Can anyone please tell me what is missing? What are the full list of privileges that need to be provided by the DBA to the user?

We are able to create feature class in SDE schema, but that is not the best practice.

Regards,

Apurv

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Apurv,

Based on the error message, the LandEnv user does not have permissions on the "USERS" tablespace.

Did the DBA also create a separate tablespace for the new LandEnv schema and map the LandEnv user to that table space to store objects?

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson

Hi Apurv,

Based on the error message, the LandEnv user does not have permissions on the "USERS" tablespace.

Did the DBA also create a separate tablespace for the new LandEnv schema and map the LandEnv user to that table space to store objects?

--- George T.
ApurvDanke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks George,

After giving privileges on the "Users" tablespace, I was able to create a feature class.

Do I need to create separate tablespace for the user schema as well?

Regards,

Apurv

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

That is up to your DBA and how they wish to manage the Oracle DB. If you leave it all in the USERS tablespace, it may get really large and have data from other DB users in it also.

This is a way to configure your tablespaces for data.This is really up to the DBA on how to manage.

Oracle configuration parameters—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Hope this helps.

--- George T.
0 Kudos