PostgreSql Permissions

Jump to solution
08-25-2015 08:00 AM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

Using ArcGIS 10.3.1, PostgreSql 9.3, PostGIS 2.1

I created an enterprise geodatabase in PostgreSQL using the geoprocessing tool.  Using geoprocessing tools, I created a test user and added to a group role and gave the group role select, insert, update and delete permissions on a feature dataset.  I also created a feature class outside of the feature dataset in the same geodatabase with the same permissions.

The feature dataset and the feature class outside of the feature dataset are registered as versioned.

The issue is I can't edit data inside the feature dataset with the test user but I can edit the data in the feature class outside the feature dataset.

Is this a bug? Limitation of PostgreSql? Thoughts?

Thanks

-Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
  • Make sure that you have Registered as Versioned the Feature Dataset after adding any new data.
  • Are you dragging only a particular data from that Feature Dataset to edit?
  • Drag the entire Feature Dataset and check if that throws a different error.
  • Is data from inside the Feature Dataset participating in any Relationship Class?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Revoke permissions on that Feature Dataset, then re-grant the permission. Try editing now..

What error do you observe while trying to edit?

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

Error I am getting is "Could not edit data in the folder or database you selected" in the start editing window.

I tried adding a user to the feature dataset instead of the group role and got the same error.

I tried revoking and reapplying permissions but that didn't work either.

-Steven

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
  • Make sure that you have Registered as Versioned the Feature Dataset after adding any new data.
  • Are you dragging only a particular data from that Feature Dataset to edit?
  • Drag the entire Feature Dataset and check if that throws a different error.
  • Is data from inside the Feature Dataset participating in any Relationship Class?
StevenGraf1

Ya, there was a relationship class.  I didn't apply permissions to the table participating in it.  The feature class I was trying to edit wasn't associated with the relationship class.  Apparently it's all tied together somehow?

Applying permissions to the table in the relationship class solved the issue.

Thanks for helping me figure it out.

-Steven

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

Just realized I'm using v 9.3.9 and the supported version is 9.3.5.  Could this be the cause?

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

No, PostgresQL 9.3.5 is the Base version that is supported indicating that 9.3.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3 and 9.3.4 are not supported versions.

Versions above the Base version are supported unless separately mentioned as Not-Supported.