How to create a view from child version without using the stored procedure method? (SQL)

04-05-2018 01:43 AM
MilPARMENTIER
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to create a versioned view of a named version (not default version) in SQL server. The feature class is registered as versioned without the option to move edits to base.

In table views within SQL server there are versioned views available from every feature class, but this is the default version. Is it then possible to have a view from the underlying version (child) of default, without using the stored procedures?

I have already asked an Esri Inc Analyst, and he told me there is no other way than using stored procedures to create the versioned view of a specific child version. So here i am, asking the Esri community, maybe someone has found a workaround to this same issue?

Thank you in advance!

Tags (2)
3 Replies
ShanaLowe
New Contributor II

Did you ever figure this out?  I am trying to do the same thing and feel there must be a way.  

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

No other workarounds as off  now...Stored procedures are the only way

Similar post: https://community.esri.com/thread/199281-how-to-create-a-version-view-of-a-specific-version 

0 Kudos
ShanaLowe
New Contributor II

My goal is to write a report that anyone can run at any time that hits a specific version of the data.  I have not found a way to do this.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

-Shana 

0 Kudos