How to create a case-insensitive Enterprise geodatabase in SQL server??

06-12-2018 03:56 AM
Muqit_Zoarder
Occasional Contributor

Geodatabase‌@SQL

Dear forum, plesae concerned persons reply me. Some months back I had make the same discussions on why the schema name and table name looks different in " case " in both arccatalog and in sql server table list (directly). For example: if I have one table created form arccatalog showing its name as DBO.Soil_Sample_a then the same table name is showing in sql server as dbo.SOIL_SAMPLE_A ?? But is there a solution for this thus i can avoid this type of case insensitivity?

With kind regards

Muqit Zoarder

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Not sure that this helps but found this in the documentation:

Before you create a geodatabase, SQL Server must be installed and the instance configured. How you configure the instance depends on the specific needs of your organization. However, note that the SQL Server instance must use a case-insensitive collation.

Under "Install and Configure SQL Server": Create an enterprise geodatabase in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Muqit_Zoarder
Occasional Contributor

Dear George, before creating enterprise gdb in sql server obviously i have installed sql server and instance has been configured as case insensitive (Latin1_General_CI_AS). Even though I am getting this trouble. It might be a common problem of enterprise gdb.

0 Kudos