Using Oracle 12c and ArcGIS 10.5.1
I’ve been having a bit of a time registering a few spatial views so my group can publish them to a Portal without having to copy the data over.
Below is a parsed down example of one of the views, but the principle is still the same:
create or replace view schema_x.this_specific_view as:
from schema_x.my_spatial_view msv,
fsiz.segment = msv.segment
and fsiz.size_code = msv.size_code
and msv.shape is not null
As a few notes:
- schema_x.my_spatial_view is essentially made up of:
schema_x.bus_table and schema_y.st_geom_features
- schema_x and schema_y have grants on each other
- the views in question meet the checklist of stuff that ESRI has for views (objectID properly formatted, shape, no missing data, etc)
I’ve re-registered schema_y.st_geom_features so they now appear in sde.gdb_items as well as the other sde.layers and related registry tables
I’m getting the following phenomena when trying to register this_specific_view:
- whacky extent (defined properly in my_spatial_view, but 99990000000000000 upon trying to register this_specific_view - since ArcMap doesn’t let you set the extent of a view and the extent of the underlying spatial data is correct, I’m a bit at a loss as to why this is happening or how to properly correct it)
- the view fails to register and returns an ORA 3113 error as well as the ESRI 999999 error (Registration not supported) message. Trace files and core dumps return some parse errors, but nothing that makes any sense (this is from both my and an experienced DBA’s opinons).
- when I’ve made a copy of the schema_y features in schema_x (including an alternate spatial view), no problems in registering … which makes no sense to me since both schema have grants on each other
We have a registered Geodatabase with our test Portal where these are in. The goal being to be able to publish these and others without having to copy the data. This (and a couple of others like it) are the only ones that I’ve been having a bit of an issue with in resolving.
I’m a bit at the end of my rope trying to figure out what could be the issue. Any suggestions would be welcome.
If I have troubles, I usually register the spatial table first, after registering alter the view, and reset permissions with arccatalog.
The spatial table needs to have a field objectid as int and geometry field as shape. The objectid field should be unique.
Craig Swadner (GIS Coordinator)
City of Cape Coral
1015 Cultural Park Blvd.
Cape Coral, Fl 33990
Did you know the best way to report issues to ITS is to use the Service Desk system? This will ensure someone in ITS gets your request and allows us to track the progress. Please enter all your issues and/or questions by clicking https://breeze.cape.capecoral.net