Exporting relationship classes to enterprise GDB

Jump to solution
11-23-2015 08:35 AM
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Good morning,

I am exporting all my local content to an Oracle database, but I am not sure how to export the following feature dataset given that I have some relationship classes. What is the best option to export this content to my enterprise GDB without loosing the relationships?

Captura.PNG

Thanks for all your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

I believe if you export the feature classes out as an XML workspace document, the related tables will import with the feature class.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

I believe if you export the feature classes out as an XML workspace document, the related tables will import with the feature class.

GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I tried using an XML workspace document but at first it didnt work. I didnt notice that some of the fields had special caracteres such as °, %, µg and so on. I changed the fields' name, used XML and this time it work just fine.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check out the Copy tool.  As the Usage notes cover:

• Any data dependent on the input is also copied. For example, copying a feature class or table that is part of a relationship class also copies the relationship class. The same applies to a feature class that has feature-linked annotation, domains, subtypes, and indices—all are copied along with the feature class. Copying geometric networks, network datasets, and topologies also copies the participating feature classes.
GabrielYarlequé
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I also tried this option after changing the fields' name and it worked as well.

AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

A manual Copy\Paste will work for this as well.