Select to view content in your preferred language

how to hide map-info line at bottom of screen

Jump to solution
02-06-2024 04:28 AM
MichaelLev
Frequent Contributor

I am new to EXB (Develope Edition).

The map-info line at bottom of screen occupies "precious" space...

It actually contains 2 parts - long part of general info, and short part - "Powered by Esri"

I need to hide the whole info-line so I can put my customised coordinate widgets at bottom of screen.

(replacing the long info by my coordinate widget and displaying only "Powered by Esri" is also an option).

I have not succeeded to locate the "info-line" widget in order to remove it.

Maybe adding "display: none" is practical, but I don't know how to do it.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Be aware that removing the attribution line will in almost all cases violate the terms of service.

With that said, this bit of css appears to work.

.exbmap-ui-group-attributionGroup {
  display: none;
}
GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

JustinOBrien_SSP
New Contributor

Piggybacking off of @JeffreyThompson2, you could also use that css selector  to move the attribution div to wherever you want within its containing html element or the screen space.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Here are a few ways to add css in Experience Builder.

1. One of the things that makes React such a popular front-end framework is that every component can import it's own css. Used correctly this feature can make for some very well-designed applications. If you create a file called widget.css in the same runtime folder with the widget.tsx, adding the line import './widget.css' to the top of widget.tsx will import your css file.
  2. The most Experience Builder way of adding css would be to create a theme with a style.scss file. This is a good way to create universal css for all components in your application. https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/theme-development/
  3. You could also create a css widget that has no other function than to import a css file as above and use its own css to hide the css widget. This would create a universal css file without the need to alter the overall theme. 
GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Be aware that removing the attribution line will in almost all cases violate the terms of service.

With that said, this bit of css appears to work.

.exbmap-ui-group-attributionGroup {
  display: none;
}
GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I am seconding this. While technically possible, I would not recommend doing so.

Essentially, it's like stealing.

0 Kudos
JustinOBrien_SSP
New Contributor

Piggybacking off of @JeffreyThompson2, you could also use that css selector  to move the attribution div to wherever you want within its containing html element or the screen space.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Frequent Contributor

@JeffreyThompson2 If I want to try, I don't know WHERE to do this, and HOW, because implementing css in react is so different than in regular js...

What I want is to put coordinates widget at bottom, so it's not disturbed. Maybe displaying "Powered by Esri" alone, at right or left corner, or play with z-index. But' as I said, I don't know where and how to do such things. 

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Here are a few ways to add css in Experience Builder.

1. One of the things that makes React such a popular front-end framework is that every component can import it's own css. Used correctly this feature can make for some very well-designed applications. If you create a file called widget.css in the same runtime folder with the widget.tsx, adding the line import './widget.css' to the top of widget.tsx will import your css file.
  2. The most Experience Builder way of adding css would be to create a theme with a style.scss file. This is a good way to create universal css for all components in your application. https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/theme-development/
  3. You could also create a css widget that has no other function than to import a css file as above and use its own css to hide the css widget. This would create a universal css file without the need to alter the overall theme. 
GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
MichaelLev
Frequent Contributor

@JeffreyThompson2 Thank you! I'll try the ways you presented. Meanwhile I searched for "bottom-line1" in whole client, and changed marginBottom to -17px. I did it in pc-layout-json.ts but I had to do the same also in the 2 js files. I still do not understand why those 2 js files are not automatically built from ts and tsx files...  

( I used "blank page" and no template when creating the exb app)

0 Kudos