Custom Widgets not showing

Jump to solution
04-27-2022 07:54 AM
Jon-PaulMcCool
Occasional Contributor

I am new to the EB developer and having a devil of a time with something that is likely a foolish mistake. I have done the following:

• Installed node.js installed (v 16.15.0)
  • Downloaded, extracted, and configured the EB files (v 1.8)
  • Successfully started the localhost:3001
  • Followed the tutorial to create the simple hello world starter-widget 
  • In the cmd window I crtl+c then start npm for the client folder

Yet when I go and create a new experience (the blank scrolling as instructed), no where in the widgets is a "starter-widget". I've also closed the sever run and restarted it and redone the process. I've downloaded their files and my folder structure and file formats are all exactly the same.

Any hints on where I could look to see what I may be doing wrong would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilLarkin1
Frequent Contributor

I'm assuming you have run npm cli and npm start as shown in the in the docs. Can you send screenshots of the cmd windows? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhilLarkin1
Frequent Contributor

I'm assuming you have run npm cli and npm start as shown in the in the docs. Can you send screenshots of the cmd windows? 

Jon-PaulMcCool
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I had not run npm ci for the server! Now, I can continue with making other, newer mistakes.

PhilLarkin1
Frequent Contributor

I frequently forget to run npm cli for client or server or both. 

GiulioMol
Occasional Contributor

me too 🙂 I use now this script for don't forget this, 

if exist ArcGISExperienceBuilder/client/node_modules\ (
	cmd /c start powershell -noexit -command "cd ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client; npm start"
	cmd /c start powershell -noexit -command "cd ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server; npm start"
) else (
	cmd /c start powershell -noexit -command "cd ArcGISExperienceBuilder\client; npm ci; npm start"
	cmd /c start powershell -noexit -command "cd ArcGISExperienceBuilder\server; npm ci; npm start"
)
start http://localhost:3000

from here 

0 Kudos
moward12
New Contributor

I followed these steps and my `starter-widget` is still not showing.

0 Kudos