Select to view content in your preferred language

Details of network model (partitioned/hierarchical) and terminal configurations (directional/bidirectional)

04-27-2023 02:20 AM
ReinholdSchnizer
New Contributor II

Hello,

we are currently working togehter with VertiGIS to migrate our Models to UN.
For electricity and gas we are focused on hierarchical model / bidirectional terminal devices to fulfil our needs with subnetworks. I want to take a deep look at these Details of the UNC model.
So I am looking for an UNC asset package (UNC22assetpackage.ppkx) as mentioned in the document UNC 22 readme.docx. 
Of course I will share the results of my comparison here in this forum.
thanks in advance
Reinhold

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GIS_Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

if you have a Enterprise or ArcGIS Online, you can download the electric data model under solution.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/solutions/index.html?gallery=true&solution=5ito8rwshywjd9qen5ka8nixgth3z...

0 Kudos
ReinholdSchnizer
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have already looked at the latest version of the Electric Utility Network Foundation.
This is based on the ESRI UN electric model for Naperville and has a few adoptions to the UNC model. But the concept ist still based on partitioned network and a very complex set of terminal devices with mixed definitions of directional / bidirectional. The subnetworks in this model are extremly difficult to handle.
I think for electric networks a far more simple concept based on hierarchical network and only bidirectional terminal devices is the better path to a UN with fully working subnetworks.
Therefore I would like to take a closer look at the terminal and subnetwork definitions in the original UNC model.

0 Kudos