Select to view content in your preferred language

Any tips for using structurelines for "trenches" ?

06-19-2023 11:28 PM
Labels (1)
EivindAasland
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

We have started to look into how we best can use the UN and the featureclass Structureline for our paths and trenches. We have some demands from national government that we need to be aligned with, and for some of the attributes we probably need to have either an specific attribute for this, or work something out with mapping when exporting data (either way this should not be a problem)

My concern is how we use the assetgroups and assettypes available in the UN to fit into this.

We (Lnett AS) need to have one or more "lineobjects" that represents the trench/path we use, and it need to carry info on voltagelevel, path or trench type (overhead, underground, marine++) as well as survey quality (this last part i thing is ok in UN)

However in the electric foundation (PS it could be i have not seen the latest updates) we are missing some possibilities from what i can see.

If i look at asset group Trench, the only assettype available is Trench

if i look at  the asset group LV cable pathway, here we have overhead (not a cable in our definition)  underground and marine available as asset types.

There is also an MV cable pathway assetgroup, but only "unknown" is available on asset types.

HV cable pathway assetgroup is not present..

If we look back to the UNC work, we had a assetgroup Path, with some asset types (marine, on ground, overhead or Trench (underground) also we used some other assetgroups for duct, tube, casing, bridge and culvert.

Has anyone migrated "trenches or paths" ? Is the demands regarding registration of this type of lines so country specific that we need to adapt our own national models ?  Is there more assetgroups/assettypes available in UN that  covers more (newer version) ?

If anyone have some thoughts and or ideas it would be interesting to hear from you.

Br

Eivind Aasland

1 Reply
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Hi Eivind, in our latest release of the Electric Model, we have features in StructureLine called Electric <Class> Voltage Pathway, where class is either High, Medium or Low. These features have rules that allow the appropriate Electricline features to be contained within them.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos