Offering Free GIS Services - Geography Student Looking to Gain Experience

06-06-2024 11:24 PM
roshanchampika
New Contributor

My name is Roshan Champika, and I am currently a Geography student with a keen interest in GIS. As I am new to the field, I am eager to gain practical experience and contribute to real-world projects.

I am offering my services free of charge for small GIS-related tasks. My goal is to build my skills and portfolio while assisting others in the community. Some of the tasks I can help with include:

• Data entry and management
  • Basic map creation and design
  • Spatial data analysis
  • GIS data visualization
  • Simple geoprocessing tasks

If you have any small projects or tasks where you need an extra hand, please feel free to reach out to me. I am enthusiastic about learning and committed to delivering quality work.

Thank you for considering my offer. I look forward to collaborating with you and contributing to the GIS community.

Best regards,

Roshan Champika

a19448@arts.pdn.ac.lk

3 Replies
Olasunkanmi101
Occasional Contributor

Hello Roshan,

Trust you're good I'm willing to collaborate and learn from you as we proceed in this field

MeredithMartinez
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Roshan! This is a great way to gain GIS experience. Have you joined GISCorps yet? 

KhrisGonzalezPebe
Emerging Contributor

Hi Roshan,

I would totally recommend doing your own portfolio from scratch with ideas/issues you are passionate about on your own! I started creating my portfolio when doing "final projects" for my GIS classes, and from then on used open-source data to focus on what I wanted to showcase to future internship/job recruiters!

https://community.esri.com/t5/esri-ypn-networking/gis-portfolio-ideas/td-p/1294586

Would totally recommend this esri community thread too!