Select to view content in your preferred language

Los Angeles - Entry Level GIS professional, let's connect!

07-30-2024 08:36 PM
Labels (3)
AngieMartinez
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone, my name is Angie Martinez. 

I'm just finishing my B.A in Geography with a certificate in GIS. I'm grateful to find this network of young professionals navigating their own paths and sharing their own visions for the future. I'm optimistic about the great people I will meet here and hope we can inspire each other.

More About Me 

I'm a first generation Latina, born and raised in California. I grew up in Long Beach, a diverse port city, and I'm very grateful for the diversity that has contributed towards my passion for GIS. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed data science until I was able to connect spatial analysis towards real world solutions. The thrill I get in simplifying data and storytelling through a map is unmatched. My interest in GIS began in social justice in topics that used census data to measure spatial correlation, then comparing it to municipal policy. Currently, I have a heavy interest in working with raw images to evaluate land surface/land use changes and seeing how they interact with human development. 

Professionally, I have worked 2 years as a Junior Analyst in Marketing. This has exposed me to extracting data, presenting a story to stakeholders, and providing solutions. While I have enjoyed the experience it has given me, I'm itching to work in a consulting firm more GIS focused. 

Let's connect!

I value connecting with community and welcome anyone to connect! I'd specially like to connect with GIS professionals in California and create a local community. Let's share and learn together! 

You can message me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/angie-martinez-4a883a228/ 

1 Reply
DarionMahadeo
Occasional Contributor

@AngieMartinez, what a wonderful story and I can sense an awesome journey ahead! A fantastic GIS journey to you! 🙂