New Home for Esri Academy Assessments

08-15-2022 06:08 PM
Labels (2)
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor
2 2 1,019

We in Training Services are committed to delivering learning experiences that are not only engaging but impactful. Instructor-led training classes are rigorously designed to grow specific knowledge and skills. Learning outcomes are important to the organizations that invest in training and even more so to the individuals who attend training classes. Which is why we created assessments. 

In early 2021, we released pre-class and post-class assessments to help quantify the instructor-led training experience. These optional assessments supplement Instructor-Led Class Readiness assessments, which help individuals determine if a course is appropriate for them based on the prerequisite knowledge and skills that were defined for the course. Together, the three assessments are a super-useful tool to select a course that matches your learning needs and measure the knowledge gained from taking the class.

To improve the overall experience, as of today, all Esri Academy users now have a centralized location to access their assessments.

A My Assessments page has been added to the My Academy section. When signed in with your ArcGIS account, you can go to My Assessments and view all the assessments that are available to you as well as the results for assessments that you've previously taken.

my-assessments-nav.jpg

If you want to review your pre- and post-class assessment results or take a readiness assessment for a course you've been considering, this is the page to visit. If you're registered for an instructor-led class, you can come here and quickly take the pre-class assessment if you so choose (remember, assessments are optional).

When the class is over—assuming you took the pre-class assessment—you can go to My Assessments and take the post-class assessment up to seven days after the class ends. Whether you come back a month or a year or three years later, your results will still be accessible. This is useful if you want to review recommendations that were provided to reinforce your understanding of the course content.

Are you someone who enjoys testing your knowledge? From your My Assessments page, you can take readiness assessments for any of the instructor-led courses listed, whether you plan to register or not. Besides the fun factor, this is a convenient way to get recommended e-Learning resources related to questions that were answered incorrectly—and you can easily add those e-Learning resources to a learning plan with a single click.

Assessments, and centralized access to them through My Assessments, are intended to make it easier for you to grow your ArcGIS skillset, measure your progress, and achieve your GIS-related goals. We hope they're helpful.

2 Comments
rlsantore
New Contributor

Hello Suzanne @Suzanne-Boden

I've read several of your articles, starting with Learning Plans 101 (catchy title). 

I'm someone who likes to measure progress.  Basic question, is there a way to add https://pro.arcgis.com/ Quick Start Tutorials to My Learning Plan? 

Thanks in advance for your time!  Life Long Learner indeed!  Robbi

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robbi, at this time it's not possible to add a Quick Start tutorial to a learning plan on Esri Academy. This is because those tutorials are not in our catalog (they live in a different system). Interesting idea, though, and I'll take it to our team to see if this is a future possibility. Kudos on your lifelong learning focus! 🙂

About the Author
Suzanne is a Maryland native who enjoys writing about Esri technology and other topics. She is the Training Marketing Manager with Esri Training Services in Redlands, California.