Vital Source no longer allowing Desk copy for Arcgis Pro Tutorial 2.8

Jump to solution
09-07-2022 07:37 AM
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

I just realized that access to the Arcgis Pro tutorial 2.8 is no longer available on Vitalsource as a desk copy for faculty. has anyone an understand of this and why and if it will be fixed. i need this access to teach.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III
My students dont need course ware. Thanks the quick response.
0 Kudos
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

the link you provided still does not work. please advise. 

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Which link? I provided several.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III
This one.

The e-book is still available but under a different ISBN because it has courseware with it. The link is here: https://www.vitalsource.com/products/gis-tutorial-for-arcgis-pro-2-8-wilpen-l-gorr-kristen-s-v978158...<>. The e-book without courseware can be purchased at most online retailers like Amazon, B&N, Redshelf, etc. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

That link works fine for me. All I did was a search for "gis tutorial 2.8" and it's the first result that pops up, the one with the orange courseware banner. Be sure, too, that if you search for it on your own, the url has "vitalsource.com/products" in it, which means you're in the student-facing store.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III
If you add it to the cart and try to check out you get the message I sent.
I see it as well but it will not check out.
0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

Thank you for flagging that; it could be something we missed updating when we created the courseware. I will send a note to our VitalSource admin to look into. Please let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!

0 Kudos
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III
Please let me know when it is fixed. This has been a bit complex with classes just starting and students trying to the textbook.
0 Kudos
glennhazelton2
New Contributor III

any word on when this issue will be fixed?

0 Kudos
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Yes, I do now: The issue was that the e-book had no more courseware codes (EVA codes) available so it couldn't be sold or rented. So we added more codes and it seems to have no issues with the cart now. We're in the process of getting additional codes, too. Also, you'd mentioned that your students don't need courseware; they don't need to rent or purchase through VitalSource if that's the case. They can choose to purchase the e-book elsewhere. Please let me know if any other questions come up. Thanks!

0 Kudos