Select to view content in your preferred language

Pinde Fu 4th edition textbook Getting to Know WebGIS: tutorial doesn't match what is on the screen

Jump to solution
08-26-2022 07:32 AM
Labels (1)
jaygodfrey117
New Contributor

Hello, I am reaching out because I am a very confused instructor and probably already know the answer, but want to check. I am teaching a class in WebGIS and we are using the Pinde Fu 4th edition Getting to Know Web GIS textbook and, as I am trying to do the tutorials within the book to answer student questions, a lot of the images/tutorial information are not lining up with what is showing on my screen. I was wondering if there were a lot of changes done to the chapter information that would prevent the students from following the tutorial out of the textbook. I can't even seem to get the hosted feature layer part of the tutorial into My Content, the only part that is showing up is the image collection.

How can I get access to the updated instructions without having the students purchase another textbook?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Getting to Know WebGIS 5th edition has been updated for the current UI and latest functionality. Instructors can get desk copies of that edition through VitalSource, you might be able to reference that and guide your students through the updates, more info on that here.

Craig

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Getting to Know WebGIS 5th edition has been updated for the current UI and latest functionality. Instructors can get desk copies of that edition through VitalSource, you might be able to reference that and guide your students through the updates, more info on that here.

Craig

0 Kudos