EVA Code for Free ArcGIS Trial Not Found on eBook

Jump to solution
09-14-2021 07:04 AM
RussSouchek
New Contributor

Greetings:  Two students in my Introduction to GIS class purchased the eBook version of Getting to Know ArcGIS for Desktop 5th Edition.  The print version of this book allows download of a 180 free trial of ArcGIS using an EVS code printed on the back cover.  Unlike the print version the eBook does not seem have this code.  I've reach out twice by email to someone recommended by ESRI but not getting a response.  Can someone tell me how to find the EVA code in the eBook version of Getting to Know ArcGIS for Desktop 5th Edition?  Thanks, Russ Souchek

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Russ. If the students purchased/rented their book from the Vitalsource platform, they will have received a redemption code which, once redeemed, will give them access to the courseware. If the students purchased their book from another retailer, software is not paired with the book. This is due to technical issues. The description for the book will include the text:

Note: Esri Press e-books do not include 180-day trial software. Instead, you can download the publicly available ArcGIS Trial.

Assuming the students do not have access to ArcGIS software through the institution, we recommend that they use the Student ArcGIS Trial

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RussSouchek,

Your best option would be to reach out to Esri Customer Service. They can help address your issue.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, Russ. If the students purchased/rented their book from the Vitalsource platform, they will have received a redemption code which, once redeemed, will give them access to the courseware. If the students purchased their book from another retailer, software is not paired with the book. This is due to technical issues. The description for the book will include the text:

Note: Esri Press e-books do not include 180-day trial software. Instead, you can download the publicly available ArcGIS Trial.

Assuming the students do not have access to ArcGIS software through the institution, we recommend that they use the Student ArcGIS Trial

KurtNguyen
New Contributor

When going through the link it asks for a "Enter Authorization Number". I purchased the ebook through amazon. 

Any way around?

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

E-books must be purchased through VitalSource in order for us to be able to provide an EVA code. If you enable Personal Messages in your settings, I'll send you a PM with a solution we can offer.

0 Kudos