Geoportal Configuration

01-23-2013 01:04 PM
deleted-user-h2MwrUDd3vgt
New Contributor III
After following installation guidelines outlined in the Geoportal Server Installation Guide for 1.2.2, I�??m unable to successfully run the geoportal web application in a web browser using http://localhost:port#/geoportal per the instructions in the document. After checking the log file, there is a warning error that states:

WARNING: A docBase C:\Program Files (x86)\apache-tomcat-7.0.35\webapps\webapps\geoportal.war inside the host appBase has been specified, and will be ignored
Jan 23, 2013 4:18:02 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.SetContextPropertiesRule begin

I�??ve been unable to resolve this issue using the recommended forums and help documentation and would appreciate any help or guidance that anyone could provide. My system configuration is as follows:

Environment:
Geoportal 1.2.2
PostgreSQL 9.1
Apache Tomcat 7
Apache Directory Studio
Windows Server 2008
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
Are there any other errors in the log file?

What port are you running Tomcat on?  (when you say localhost: port#, you are specifying a specific port number correct?  like localhost:8080/geoportal)
0 Kudos
deleted-user-h2MwrUDd3vgt
New Contributor III
I was running it on the wrong port (5432 instead of 8080). Once I used the correct one it seemed to have resolved it. As for the error message, I'm still getting the same message, but I guess it doesn't really make a difference.

Thanks!

Nate
0 Kudos
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
Okay, fishing expedition.  Let's check on some basics.

1. Tomcat is running and you can log in to Tomcat manager.  http://<your_server>:8080/manager/html
2. From the Tomcat App Manager, you can see a /geoportal listed under Applications?
3. What happens when you click on the /geoportal link from the Tomcat manager app?

Other questions:
a. The geoportal web app is deployed in <tomcat_directory>/webapps.  Example:  C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\geoportal
b. Your are using the right Postgres JDBC driver for your 9.1 database:  postgresql-9.1-903.jdbc4.jar
c. The JDBC driver is deployed to <tomcat_directory>/lib
d. You have set up the JDBC configuration file (geoportal.xml) and it is in the <tomcat_dir>/conf/Catalina/localhost folder.  OPTIONAL CONFIG:  Rename geoportal.xml file as context.xml, and move it to the geoportal/META-INF folder. 

And a suggestion:  After making any change to your setup/config, stop Tomcat, delete all the log files, and restart Tomcat.  That way you are always looking at fresh logs and the latest errors and warnings (rather than old errors).
0 Kudos