Unable to safe metadata

01-15-2013 01:48 AM
BrandurSigurjonsson
New Contributor II
Hello
I am trying to safe metadata into the geoportal but it always gives me this error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20727[/ATTACH]

Can anyone help me?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
Looks like Geoportal is classifying your metadata as ISO INSPIRE profile.  Is that correct (what you expect)?

Are you trying to save the metadata through an Upload or through the built-in editor?

Have you made customizations to your INSPIRE metadata profile definition and/or editor?
0 Kudos
BrandurSigurjonsson
New Contributor II
Hello
thanks for the info.

Yes, we are classifying our metadata as ISO INSPIRE.

We are trying to save the metadata through the built in editor and have been doing that for a while without any problems (hardly none)

Yes, we have made some customizations to our INSPIRE metadata profile editor, do you think that might be bothering us?
0 Kudos
CliveReece
Esri Contributor
I'm 99% sure your customizations to the INSPIRE profile web editor are the cause.  Did you make a backup before customizing, if you need to roll back?

Anyway, I've seen these errors before after customizing an Profile for the editor.  Here's the likely culprit:  The metadata is validating against an XSD (the URL specified in /schema/xsdLocation of the INSPIRE definition.xml file).  That shouldn't be a problem, right?  Well, the XSD *only wants to see the metadata elements in the EXACT order* as they are written in the XSD URL.  So, even if your custom INSPIRE is writing out all the metadata elements correctly, you will still see the errors provided in the starting thread because the XSD validation is failing.  It's not a Geoportal issue, it's an XSD issue.  And yes, it can be very frustrating.

The solution?  Make sure the organization (tabs, etc) in your custom INSPIRE profile editor write the metadata elements out in the same order as the XSD.  (or ... remove the XSD validation 😉

Good luck
0 Kudos
BrandurSigurjonsson
New Contributor II
Thank you.

I can see the problem now.
The INSPIRE customization is bothering us in this.
I will look at the configs and maybe make some changes there, we´ll see.

On the other hand, I tried to insert the data again, as new, and then it did not give me any error. But when I tried to modify the data afterwards it gave me the error, strange...

But thanks for the help.
0 Kudos