Understand what the Sequence Name means in B_DatabaseSequence table in the Asset Package FGDB

Jump to solution
04-22-2019 04:33 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Does anybody know what the names mean in the B_DatabaseSequence table within the asset package file geodatabase?

Also, can these be altered and what additional modifications need to be done? There seems to be some hard coding in the utility network/untools python package that it knows which sequence to use.

It would be great to have a better naming convention

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyRyanEQL

Paul,

Thankyou for the information to allow me go digging more into this.

What I found is there are no attribute rules configured on the feature classes within the asset package.

The database sequences & attribute rules are created when the package is deployed to an enterprise geodatabase. The sequences defined are for the assetid field.

I was going to ask where is this configured if not against the feature class and then I found the records in the B_AttributeRules table.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

B_DatabaseSequence—Asset Package Reference | ArcGIS Solutions 

These values are passed directly to Create Database Sequence—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop

You can alter them, but then you'd need to find all the attribute rules that reference them and also change them there. Unless you are looking inside the database (eg via SQL Studio), you cannot even see these names. As such, I would not recommend you modify them.

There's no hardcoding in untools for database sequences. As long as whatever you put there is a valid sequence name, it will get created in your enterprise geodatabase.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Paul,

Thankyou for the information to allow me go digging more into this.

What I found is there are no attribute rules configured on the feature classes within the asset package.

The database sequences & attribute rules are created when the package is deployed to an enterprise geodatabase. The sequences defined are for the assetid field.

I was going to ask where is this configured if not against the feature class and then I found the records in the B_AttributeRules table.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Attribute rules (and database sequences) are not currently supported on file geodatabase so they are stored in tables. If a future release of Pro adds support to FGDB, these tables will become deprecated.

0 Kudos